The Keene Young Men’s Christian Association serves men, women and children of all ages, races, incomes and religions throughout the Monadnock region with services and programs designed to increase health, teach life and leadership skills and promote family unity.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Youth Development: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen
We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. That’s why, through the Y, millions of youth today are cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement.
Healthy Living: Improving the nation’s health and well-being
In communities across the nation, the Y is a leading voice on health and well-being. With a mission centered on balance, the Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and fosters con-nections through fitness, sports, fun and shared interests. As a result, millions of youth, adults and families are receiving the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve greater health and well-being for their spirit, mind and body.
Social Responsibility: Giving back and providing support to our neighbors
The Y has been listening and responding to our communities’ most critical social needs for160 years. Whether developing skills or emotional well-being through education and training, welcoming and con-necting diverse demographic populations through global services, or preventing chronic disease and building healthier communities through collaborations with policymakers, the Y fosters the care and respect all people need and deserve. Through the Y, 500,000 volunteers and thousands of donors, leaders and partners across the country are empowering millions of people in the U.S. and around the world to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
The Keene Family is a not-for-profit community service organization which has no private owners or stockholders. The Y is governed by a board of community volunteers who represent the Y’s service area.
- Mike Hoefer, President
- Dave Therrien, Vice President
- Beth Wright, Treasurer
- Marj Droppa, Secretary
- Tom Bates
- Cheryl Belair
- Kathy Chelstowski
- Jennie Gryzcka
- Christopher Hamblet
- Dr. Birgitte Hastings
- Joe Hoppock
- Dr. John Schlegelmilch
- Nat Stout
- Allison Wyatt
- Camp Takodah – Website for the Cheshire YMCA’s Camp Takodah!
- Cheshire YMCA – Our neighbor YMCA
- Fenton Family Dealerships – Fenton Family Dealerships donations support the Keene Family YMCA!
- Vision 20/20 Cheshire Medical Center-Looking to make Keene the healthiest community in the US by 2020!
- SAU 29 & SAU38– Keene and Swanzey school districts, partnering with the Y for quality programs and after school care options
- Monadnock Family Services: The founder of the innovative “In-Shape” Program
- Phoenix House– Substance abuse services
- Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention
- Monadnock Alcohol and Drug Abuse Coalition
- Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco Free Communities
- Easter Seals
- Wellness House– Providing AIDS services for the Monadnock Region
- Brattleboro Retreat– Offering high-quality inpatient and outpatient mental health & addiction treatment for children, adolescents and adults.
- The New Hampshire West Chapter of the American Red Cross– The New Hampshire West Chapter of the American Red Cross has been an major partner to the Keene Family YMCA!