About the Keene Family YMCA
We serve all people through programs and services that build spirit, mind, and body with a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
Strengthening the Foundation of our Community.
A community where everyone is welcome and thriving.
We promote four core values of RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, HONESTY, and CARING in all the work we do at the Y.
All financial statements, including the Annual Audit, By-Laws, and 990 Form, are available from the Keene Family YMCA Finance Office. Please contact Tammie Patnode, Finance Director, for more information.
The Keene Family YMCA is a not-for-profit community service organization which has no private owners or stockholders. The Y is governed by a board of community volunteers who represent the Y’s service area.
- Mike Hoefer, President
- Dave Therrien, Vice President
- Mark Fryberger, Treasurer
- Kathy Chelstowski, Secretary
- Dr. Chitra Akkoor
- Cheryl Belair
- Devoney Erickson
- Josh Greenwald
- Christopher Hamblet
- Patrick Knittle
- Lura Lentz
- Jay Noseworthy
- Dr. John Schlegelmilch
- James Watson
Our Focus Areas
Nurturing the potential of every child, youth and teen.
We believe that all children, youth and teens deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve.
Improving our community’s health and well-being.
Children, youth, teens, adults, families and seniors are receiving the support, guidance and resources they need to achieve greater health and well-being for their spirit, mind and body.
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y has been listening and responding to our communities’ most critical social needs since 1885. Through the Y, volunteers and donors, leaders and partners across the Monadnock Region are empowering the community to be inclusive, confident, connected and secure.
Youth Development Childcare & Pre-School:
We serve 180 children every day through our learning center and afterschool program age 6 weeks – 5th grade. A significant number of our children are families most in need in our community
We offer monthly family events including parent-child classes and family wellness programs. We want all families to be healthy, nurturing and well.
Community Impact Events:
We offer free education, awareness and training opportunities to address the challenges identified by our community. These collaborative events are open to the public and in partnership with local and statewide organizations.
We offer a variety of summer day camps from traditional day camp to specialized sports and interest camps. We emphasize social & wellness engagement opportunities.
Health, Well-Being, Fitness and Inclusion:
We offer a variety of group exercise classes, water fitness, martial arts, personalized wellness programs, personal training and fencing. Our commitment to inclusivity means we offer specialized programs for people with physical and mental health challenges.
Volunteerism & Giving:
The Y empowers our community by inspiring members and citizens to donate and take volunteer leadership roles in annual giving, charitable events and Y programs. In this way, the Y brings people together from all walks of life to help those most in need in the Monadnock Region.
Education & Leadership:
We offer programs steeped in science and the humanities, homeschool enrichment programs, as well as youth and teen leadership clubs.
Sports & Recreation:
We offer adult recreational sports including basketball, volleyball, squash, racquetball, climbing and swimming.
The Y understands that advocacy and policy is the key to addressing the socio-economic challenges in our community. We take a leadership role in leading change with our local and statewide partners including the NH Y Alliance. We train our community in advocacy skills and host legislative events.
Swim, Sports & Play:
We offer progressive programs in youth sports, swim lessons, climbing classes, gymnastics, competitive gymnastics and swimming. We emphasize fair play and leadership development using the wellness model.
We offer clubs and social activities for people of varying ages and interests. We encourage teen & adult interaction through sports.
- Camp Takodah: Cheshire YMCA’s Camp Takodah!
- Fenton Family Dealerships: Fenton Family Dealerships donations support the Keene Family YMCA!
- Healthy Monadnock 2020: Looking to make Keene the healthiest community in the US by 2020!
- SAU 29 & SAU 38: Keene and Monadnock school districts, partnering with the Y for quality programs and after school care options
- Monadnock Family Services: The founder of the innovative “In-Shape” Program
- Phoenix House: Dublin & Keene Substance abuse services
- Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention
- Monadnock Alcohol and Drug Abuse Coalition
- Monadnock Developmental Services
- Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco Free Communities
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Dartmouth Hitchcock/Cheshire Medical Med Students
- Keene Housing Kids Collaborative
- Community Kitchen
- Community Resources for Justice (CRJ)
- Meadowview Recovery Residence
- MFS Children’s Services
- Mt. Prospect Academy
- Families First
- Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
- Easter Seals
- Hilltop Recovery
- Brattleboro Retreat: Offering high-quality inpatient and outpatient mental health & addiction treatment for children, adolescents and adults.
- The New Hampshire West Chapter of the American Red Cross: The New Hampshire West Chapter of the American Red Cross has been a major partner to the Keene Family YMCA!