The Wellness Center occupies the entire second floor of the YMCA. The space offers a variety of equipment and locations to meet the needs of our members. Our second floor is bright and sunny, with lots of windows. It is an open-concept design that encourages movement throughout the facility.
There is a fully-trained YMCA staff member on duty at all times. This staff member is responsible for ensuring a clean, safe, welcoming space for everyone. The cardio and weight room is available for use whenever the Y is open.
For more information about the Wellness Center, contact Bridget Moynihan, Health & Wellness Director at email@example.com.
The cardio and weight room includes:
- 9 Treadmills
- 13 Elliptical trainers
- 9 stationary bikes
- 4 rowing machines
- Stair climber
- Hand bike
- free weights such as dumbbells, barbells, and kettlebells
- 3 Olympic power racks and 4 Olympic benches
- a variety of benches, cable trainers, pull up stations, and other equipment
- 18 strength-training weight machines, including 4 youth-sized machines
- 6 Televisions that are wirelessly connected to cardio machines
The track area overlooks the basketball court and gymnastics area and includes:
- 3-lane 1/12th mile track
- a variety of mats, balls, bands, and foam rollers for stretching
- medicine balls, plyo boxes, and steps
- “Clifford”. Our big, red multi-use weight machine
- free weights and kettlebells
- 2 rowing machines
- 2 stationary bikes
You will often find our members:
- stretching in a corner of the track on our mats
- interval training on the track
- incorporating the medicine balls in a workout
- doing kettlebell swings in the weight room
- running on the treadmill
- creating their own “circuit workout” on the track utilizing the corners for a variety of exercises
Wellness Center Rules and Policies
The Wellness Center contains an area with adult and youth weight, cardio equipment including treadmills, elliptical machines, and stationary bikes, as well as a free weight area.
- No Use Allowed: 10 and under (The wellness center is not designed for young children and can be unsafe for this age group. Youth are not allowed to use the equipment or hang out in this area even if supervised.)
- Supervised Use Allowed: Restricted Use for age 11- Supervised access to the 4 youth weight machines, Stationary Bikes, and selected free weights, after a wellness orientation.
- Unsupervised Use Allowed: 12 and older have access to all equipment.
We recommend a Wellness Orientation for all members prior to using the equipment.
Wellness Center Rules:
- Any shoes or boots worn outside are strictly prohibited in the wellness center or on wellness equipment.
- Only athletic sneakers; no boots, shoes, or sandals of any kind – even closed-toe sandals. No bare feet in the wellness center or on the equipment.
- Appropriate attire must be worn; no jeans; no clothing unsuitable for a family facility.
- Please wipe down machines after use.
- Equipment should only be used for its intended use, inappropriate use or abuse of any YMCA equipment can result in the suspension or termination of membership.