Support Your Y for a Stronger Community
The Y, one of the region’s largest charitable organizations, raises funds year-round through its Annual Campaign. When you support your Y, you help to ensure that families, children and seniors most in need are able to access YMCA programs and services, including childcare, swim lessons, summer camp and health and wellness classes.
The Y aims to raise $150,000 this year from the campaign. As of this writing, we are at 24 percent of that goal.
“At the Y, we connect people to a greater sense of purpose – and to each other – to make our community stronger,” said Gail Somers who joined the YMCA Leadership Team as their Director of Development and Community Impact in April. “Our mission is to ensure that every member of our community has access to our programs and services.”
You can make a difference.
Donations to the Y help the community in many ways, including:
- Tuition assistance for babies and toddlers in the Y preschool program
- Membership support for adults with disabilities
- Financial help for seniors so they can socially connect with older adults through the Y’s activity classes
- Scholarships for children and teens so they can be healthy by learning to swim, participating in gymnastics, and other activity-based programs
- Support for community members to participate in the Y’s nationally recognized chronic disease prevention programs
- Impactful community events that inspire action in and across our community
Will you join the movement?
There’s no doubt about it. Donors are heroes. And donations – and heroes – come in all shapes and sizes. All gifts matter.