GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 9 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
There are lots of ways you can join the movement and show your support for the causes you care about.
- Mark your calendar. Click here to add GivingTuesday to your calendar.
- Donate. On November 30 make a donation to a cause you care about. Your gift to the Y will go even further thanks to our friends at Savings Bank of Walpole and their matching gift of $1000.
- Volunteer. Money isn’t the only way to give. You can also show your support by giving your time and expertise. Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities at the Y.
- Start your own fundraiser. Create a fundraiser on Facebook (you could choose Keene Family YMCA as the beneficiary!) You can also use the new Donate sticker in your Instagram Story to encourage friends and family to give.
- Spread the word. Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating real impact on November 30 by sharing what our mission means to you and why you support our organization. Make sure to use hashtag #GivingTuesday and tag @KeeneFamilyYMCA so we can share!