Become a Member
Welcome To The Keene Family YMCA
We are so excited that you are interested in joining the Keene Family YMCA. We hope that this membership guide will answer your questions about the services at the Y. The best way to learn about us is to come on in for a tour! Our Welcome Desk staff is available to provide you a complete facility tour to show you all the Y has to offer.
Once you become a Keene Family YMCA member, you’re setting yourself on a lifelong journey of healthy spirit, mind and body. You’re becoming part of an organization that provides something for everyone! From infants to seniors, everyone has a place at the YMCA.
Joining the Y – A commitment to community
By joining the Y, you are making a commitment to yourself and to your community. The YMCA is a leading non-profit in the Monadnock region. We are more than a gym – we aim to serve every person in our community – member or not.
Our members participate in a variety of Y activities:
- Volunteering and contributing to the Y’s annual support campaign that supports membership, summer camp, child care, and program assistance for those who cannot afford the full fees.
- Volunteering on a committee to improve the YMCA
- Attending Community Impact events to raise awareness of issues in our region
The Keene Family Y involves members in offering their time, talent, and treasure, for the greater good.
Value of Membership
The Y experience is like no other.
Your membership gives you access to our state-of-the-art facility with:
- Full aquatics center with two pools, hot tub, and sauna. A lifeguard is always on duty
- Fitness center with free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines, recumbent and stationary bikes.
- Fitness staff is always on duty to assist.
- 1/12th mile indoor track for running, walking, or interval training.
- Full-court basketball gymnasium
- Gymnastics center
- Two racquetball courts
- Two fitness studios
- Cycling studio
- Indoor rock wall
Your membership includes:
- FREE access to all Group Exercise Classes per month including Water Fitness, Yoga, Cycling, and Cardio/Strength Classes. We offer nearly 80 classes each month
- Member rates and early registration on programs such as swim lessons, gymnastics, judo, and more
- Member rates for Summer Camps
- FREE National Reciprocity- Visit any Y in the U.S. that participates in Nationwide Membership. (Temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19)
- FREE Guest Passes (Varies per membership category- please see membership types for details)
- FREE Wellness Orientation
- FREE New Member Orientation
- FREE Child Watch for family members
Youth (12 & Under)
Young Adult (19-29)
College Students, Short-term Membership (19-29)
Adult Couple (30+)
Single Parent Family
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to join and participate at the Y. As part of our mission as a non-profit the Y offers financial assistance through our Membership for All program. All of this is made possible through the generosity of donors to our Annual Campaign.
The Y’s Financial Assistance Representative will contact you within 5 business days to discuss your application. All information will be kept confidential.
Financial Assistance Q & A
At the Keene Family YMCA, we believe no one should be denied membership or program participation because of an inability to pay. Our Membership for All program applies a sliding fee scale, based on total household income, number of dependents, and special circumstances and needs. Our fee scale is based on the following:
Household Size 1 – Income at or below $25,520
Household Size 2 – Income at or below $34,480
Household Size 3 – Income at or below $43,440
Household Size 4 – Income at or below $52,400
Household Size 5 – Income at or below $61,380
Household Size 6 – Income at or below $70,320
Household Size 7 – Income at or below $79,280
You may obtain an application for financial assistance here or by visiting the Y Welcome Center.
You will be asked to provide copies of documents verifying your income, which might include:
- Last year’s tax return
- Two consecutive pay stubs for each working adult in the household
- Social Security award letter or bank statement showing the monthly deposit
- A copy of an unemployment letter (of acceptance or denial) if you are unemployed
- Any other documents you feel will explain your situation will also be reviewed
- Awards will not be given to those not providing proof of income. If an adult (18+) is going to be listed on your membership we require proof of income or status as a full-time student for that person. You may be asked to provide further paperwork or to answer questions upon request.
It may take up to 5 business days to process your application. You will receive an award letter in the mail. Please note you must contact Tamika Hebert at 603.352.6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your membership.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow facility usage without a membership or payment of a guest fee. You may pay the standard guest fee to enter the facility during the application process.
Financial assistance is awarded for one year. Those wishing to renew their membership will need to complete a new application and provide updated income information, after which we will verify facility usage. To avoid a lapse in membership you should reapply at least two weeks before your membership expires.
Financial assistance is made possible through the generous contributions of YMCA members, businesses, community members, and others. The Membership for All program is funded through the Y’s own Annual Campaign. This is why we ask all our financial aid applicants to consider volunteering their time or to eventually “pay it forward” by giving back at a time when you can, in order to help others. It is through the generous support of community donors that we are able to meet the Y’s mission.
Your information is confidential. Once your membership is activated you will have the same privileges and access as all members.