Be a part of something bigger.
The YMCA is proud to offer Lifeguard Certification Courses. These are open to the community as well as Y members. We offer the programs throughout the year. Once you receive your certification, there are a variety of employment opportunities available including here at the Y!
Participants who pass both written tests and in-person drills will receive a 2-year certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED.
Interested? Complete the contact form below.
Or Contact Morgan Allard, Aquatics Director at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.283.5249
Get certified for FREE.
The YMCA will pay 100% of your certification costs under the following conditions:
- You agree to work for the Keene Family YMCA for a minimum of 1 year
- During that first year of employment, you must work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
This is a unique opportunity to achieve your American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification at no cost to you.
UPCOMING CERTIFICATION COURSES
- December 3-4
- December 10-11
If you’re interested in attending either of the upcoming courses in December, please complete the contact form on this page for more information.
Full Blended Lifeguard Course (Online and In-Person)
Blended learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Please plan to complete all E-Learning modules, including the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid final eLearning exam, at least two days prior to your first in-person skills session. Most participants complete the eLearning portion of the course in approximately 7 hours.
$325 Y Members
$375 Community Members
Course Prerequisites (verified during first class):
- Participant must be 15 years of age by the course completion date.
- Participant must be able to swim 300 yards non-stop using both the front crawl and breast strokes.
- Participant must swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 lb. brick from 6 feet of water and swim 20 yards with it within 1 minute 40 second, exiting the pool without using a ladder.
- Participant must be able to tread water 2 minutes
Lifeguard Re-Certification (In-Person)
Participants who pass both eLearning Modules, Written tests and in-person drills will receive a 2-year certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED