Join us at the Y on Saturday, June 19th
as we commemorate the end of slavery in America.
Explore the Y’s state-of-the-art facility and walk the interpretive Freedom Journey Trail on our grounds to learn about important historical events that have shaped the freedom struggle of Black Americans. Commemorative t-shirts and yard signs are available for purchase at the Y beginning on Friday, June 11th.
T-SHIRTS – Adult Sizes Small – XXL are available for $20 each.
YARD SIGNS – Available for $15 each.
Promotion Details & Eligibility
- This offer is open only to new members of the Keene Family YMCA who visit the Y between the dates of June 6 and June 19, 2021 to register and pay for at minimum one-month of membership. The promotion will be applied to the new member’s second month of membership.
- Only certain membership types are eligible for this promotion. They are as follows:
- Family Membership – Two adults and their dependents who are under the age of 18, and/or full-time students/military personnel (valid student or military ID is required) who reside in the same household.
- Single-Parent Membership – One adult and their dependents who are under the age of 18, and/or full-time students/military personnel (valid student or military ID is required) who reside in the same household.
- Adult Couple Membership – Two adults, age 30+ who reside in the same household.
- Adult Membership – One adult, age 30+
- Young Adult Membership – One person between the ages of 19-29.
- Teen Membership – One person between the ages of 13-19.
- Youth Membership – One person between the ages of 0-12.
- If you decide to cancel your membership, you will need to provide the Y a 30 day notice by completing a cancellation form and return it to the Y Welcome Center, faxed to (603) 355-8018, mailed to 200 Summit Road, Keene, NH 03431, or emailed to email@example.com. A final draft payment will come out of your account on the 15th of the month and you will be able to use the Y until the 14th of the next month. This final transaction cannot be waived or cancelled and will be acknowledged in your original EFT contract. You may be subject to the re-join fee at time of reactivation. Cancellation Form.
Other Community Events
In addition to the celebration at the Keene Family YMCA, there are several other great events happening in New Hampshire to celebrate Juneteenth. Here are a few you may be interested in. We will add to this list as we become aware of others as well so be sure to check back as your making your weekend plans.
Juneteenth: Yesterday’s Endurer, Today’s Overcomer
Date & Time: June 18th, 2021, at 11 AM PST / 12 PM MT / 1 PM CST / 2 PM EST
Come join the Antioch University New England’s Justice Leadership Council (JLC) to celebrate Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day.
JLC is hosting a motivational event led by charismatic Black speakers to inspire us through the pandemic, racial distress, and historical trauma within our society and Black communities. We will be reminded of how our Black ancestors fought to overcome racial and systemic oppression in previous years. Black people today are descendants of overcomers who persevered and stayed committed in the fight for liberation after countless months of police brutality and structural racism. Let’s rethink how we see resilience and continue demanding positive changes for future generations.
Please join students, faculty, and the public in this virtual inspirational event to connect us to why we persevere and celebrate Juneteenth. Come be encouraged, embrace one another, remember our strengths, and inspire each other to stay unwavering like those who came before us. We will see you there!
Zoom Link: TBD
SINNN Performing LIVE for Juneteenth
Presented by the Keene Public Library
June 19, 2021 at 2pm
Found Lineage: Celebrating African American Roots & Branches
June 17-19, 2021
Black Heritage Trail of New Hampshire is hosting a series of events to include: Workshop, Concert, Keynote Address, and Ancestor Reverence Drumming & Dance.
Exeter Arts & Music Fest/Juneteenth Edition
June 19, 2021
Featuring 30 artist vendors, 30 + musicians & performers, 8 food vendors, Cultural Exhibits, kids activities, and yoga.
Juneteenth Block Party – The Hop Knot, Manchester, NH
June 19, 2021
Live music, local arts, comfort food, and a Black History Scavenger Hunt.