Changes on the Horizon – UPDATED 8/5/2021
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday, July 27th updated its recommendations in the fight against COVID-19, urging everyone in areas of “high or substantial” COVID spread to wear masks indoors – even people who are vaccinated.
As of this morning (Thursday, August 5, 2021) Cheshire County has been classified as an area of substantial transmission of the highly infectious coronavirus. Based on this information, and in accordance with the guidance issued by the CDC, Keene Family YMCA is reinstating their indoor mask policy.
Updated COVID Protocols at Keene Family YMCA
Effective Friday, August 6, 2021 we are making the following change to our COVID protocols:
- Everyone who enters our building will be required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status, unless they are actively working out. This applies to any person age 2 and up. Each individual should bring their own mask with them to the Y. If needed, there will be disposable masks available for purchase at the Welcome Center for $1.00.
- We will continue our protocols for cleaning and distancing of equipment, and curtains are being reinstalled around all cardio equipment in the Wellness Center.
- We will continue to screen our staff for symptoms when they arrive for work. Additionally, and in consideration of our primary focus areas of Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, the Y is implementing a new Vaccine Policy wherein all employees and volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by or before October 3, 2021.
- We will continue to screen children in our preschool and camp programs for symptoms when they arrive.
- Both the preschool and camp programs will operate in pods at pre-COVID levels. We will continue to limit additional guests, staff and parents.
- Children in the preschool and/or camp programs will still be dismissed if they are symptomatic.
We still require you to stay home if you’re not feeling well. If you answer YES to any of the following, we ask that you not enter the building:
- Are you exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you come into close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
- Have you traveled internationally (outside of the United States, except for essential travel to/from Canada), or by cruise ship in the last 10 days?
- We will continue to screen all staff and volunteers until further notice.
Whereas the state and federal governments and the CDC remain cautious about COVID variants and recognize that communities with low vaccination rates may yet see additional spikes and need to reinstate COVID protocols, we reserve the right to restore additional protocols if and when needed to ensure the safety of our members, staff, and volunteers.
Reservations are no longer required for lap swim, open swim, and adult swim in the Aquatics Center. Additionally, reservations are no longer required for using the basketball courts. Members are welcome to use the courts freely.
Reservations will still be required through MotionVibe for Group Exercise classes, racquetball courts, open gymnastics, climbing wall, and child watch until further notice.
Aquatics Center Updates
- All swimmers, swim lessons, swim team, and aquatic group exercise participants will enter through the main entrance and check in with your scan card at the Welcome Center.
- To view the most up-to-date pool schedule, please click here.
- Lap Lanes will be limited to 2 swimmers only.
- Family Open Swim time will be limited to 6 family members per lane.
- The hot tub, steam room and sauna are open! We are limiting the number of people using them together, and ask that you maintain adequate distancing.
The lobby has been reopened for visitors! There are tables set up, each with four chairs, appropriately spaced around the lobby for members and guests to sit and socialize.
As always, the safety of our members, volunteers, and staff are of the utmost importance. If you have any questions, or need clarification about these changes, please reach out to our Member Services team at 603.352.6002, or via email at email@example.com. You can also stop by our Welcome Center and speak with one of our Front Desk Administrators.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you soon!