Changes on the Horizon – UPDATED 12/13/2021
COVID Protocols at Keene Family YMCA
To ensure the health and well-being of our members, participants, staff and volunteers, the Keene Family YMCA has implemented the following protocols.
- Everyone who enters our building will be required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status, unless they are actively working out. This applies to any person age 2 and up. Each individual should bring their own mask with them to the Y. If needed, there will be disposable masks available for purchase at the Welcome Center for $1.00.
- All participants and spectators of the Gymnastics and Climbing programs will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- All are encouraged to maintain social distancing of 6′ or more whenever possible.
- We will continue our protocols for cleaning and distancing of equipment, and curtains have been installed around all cardio equipment in the Wellness Center.
- We will continue to screen our staff for symptoms when they arrive for work. Additionally, and in consideration of our primary focus areas of Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, the Y has implemented a Vaccine Policy wherein all employees and volunteers fare required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- We will continue to screen children in our preschool and camp programs for symptoms when they arrive.
- Both the preschool and camp programs will operate in pods at pre-COVID levels. We will continue to limit additional guests, staff and parents.
- Children in the preschool and/or camp programs will still be dismissed if they are symptomatic.
We still require you to stay home if you’re not feeling well. If you answer YES to any of the following, we ask that you not enter the building:
- Are you exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you come into close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
- Have you traveled internationally (outside of the United States, except for essential travel to/from Canada), or by cruise ship in the last 10 days?
- We will continue to screen all staff and volunteers until further notice.
Whereas the state and federal governments and the CDC remain cautious about COVID variants and recognize that communities with low vaccination rates may yet see additional spikes and need to reinstate COVID protocols, we reserve the right to restore additional protocols if and when needed to ensure the safety of our members, staff, and volunteers.
Reservations are no longer required for lap swim, open swim, and adult swim in the Aquatics Center. Additionally, reservations are no longer required for using the basketball courts. Members are welcome to use the courts freely.
Reservations will still be required through MotionVibe for Group Exercise classes, racquetball courts, open gymnastics, and child watch until further notice.
The lobby has been reopened for visitors! There are tables set up, each with four chairs, appropriately spaced around the lobby for members and guests to sit and socialize.
As always, the safety of our members, volunteers, and staff are of the utmost importance. If you have any questions, or need clarification about these changes, please reach out to our Member Services team at 603.352.6002, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by our Welcome Center and speak with one of our Front Desk Administrators.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you soon!