KEENE FAMILY YMCA SAFETY PROGRAMS
The Y offers a variety of Health & Safety programs throughout the year including:
- ARC Lifeguard Training
- Community CPR Training
- First Aid Training
- Babysitter Training- Safe Sitter®
- Swim Lesson Instructor Training
- Water Safety Instructor Training
- 2018 Community CPR Courses:
- 3/24 – 8:30am-12:30pm
- 2018 First Aid Courses:
- Coming Soon
Lifeguard Course – Must Attend All Days
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes continuously without using the legs
- Within 1min 40 seconds be able to perform the following:
- Starting in the water
- Swim 20 yards
- Perform a surface dive to recover a 10lb dive brick from 6′ of water
- Return to the surface and swim the brick back to the wall
- Exit water without using the stairs.
- Friday 4/6 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday 4/7 8:30am-4:30pm
- Sunday 4/8 8:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday 4/14 8:30am-4:30pm
- Sunday 4/15 8:30am-4:30pm
- Friday 5/4 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday 5/5 8:30am-4:30pm
- Sunday 5/6 8:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday 5/12 8:30am-4:30pm
- Sunday 5/13 8:30am-4:30pm
- Friday 5/18 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday 5/19 8:30am-4:30pm
- Sunday 5/20 8:30am-4:30pm
- Monday 5/21-Thursday 5/24 6:00-9:00pm
Please select 1 course section to attend. Course participants must attend all course dates to be eligible for certification. No substitutions or makeups permitted.
Lifeguard Certification Course Fees: $300 for members and $350 for non-members. Includes a CPR mask and lifeguarding textbook.
Is your lifeguard certification about to expire? We will be offering an American Red Cross Lifeguarding recertification course this winter.
April ReCert Course
- 4/14 from 8:30am-4:30pm
- 4/15 from 8:30am-4:30pm
May ReCert Course 1
- 5/12 from 8:30am-4:30pm
- 5/13 from 8:30am-4:30pm
May ReCert Course 2
- 5/21 from 6-9pm
- 5/22 from 6-9pm
- 5/23 from 6-9pm
- 5/24 from 6-9pm
Please select one course section to attend. Course participants must attend all course dates to be eligible for certification. No substitutions or makeups permitted.
Recertification Course Fees: $150 for members and $175 for non-members.
Water Safety Instructor Course
Are you interested in teaching swim lessons? The Keene Family YMCA will be holding an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course this spring.
- Monday 4/23-F 4/27 6:00-9:00pm
- Saturday 4/28 8:30am-4:30pm
- Sunday 4/29 8:30am-4:30pm
Attendance on all course dates is required for certification.
Water Safety Instructor Course Fees: $350 for YMCA members and $400 for non-members.
Questions? Contact Paul Simpson, Aquatics Director, at 603-283-5249
Safe Sitter® Designed to prepare students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. The Instructor-led class is filled with fun games and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use mannequins to practice rescue skills like choking rescue!
- April 7th
- May 12th
- June 16th
Program Fee: $65