The Keene Family YMCA is seeking an experienced Head Swim Team Coach for the 60 swimmer Keene YMCA Dolphins swim team.
YMCA: Keene Family YMCA
Location: Keene, NH
Successful applicants will have at least 3 years of coaching experience that demonstrates successful program development and management, character-driven leadership, excellent communication skills, and a personal commitment to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The Head Coach will be responsible for developing and supervising practices for all levels of swimmers; hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring assistant coaches; and working closely with the parent committee on tasks such as recruiting and managing meet volunteers. Previous experience with Meet Manager and Team Unify software preferred as is a current lifeguard certification; familiarity with the Y-USA swim lesson curriculum; and USA Swimming and YMCA Swim Coach certifications. Expected start date is August 2017.
- Minimum of 3 years of aquatic experience as a competitive swimmer or aquatic instructor
- 1 year of competitive coaching
- Working knowledge of competitive aquatics
- Ability to positively lead, communicate, inspire and motivate swimmers of all ages
- Current valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Plan, organize, and develop the swim team program. Plan, attend, and direct team practices as scheduled.
- Ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Manage and supervise assistant coaches to meet program and safety objectives.
- Maintain proper team records and file reports as needed.
- Attend all team meets and coordinate entry information to meet all deadlines.
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at meets, and through goal setting.
- Relate to parents’ concerns through individual contact by appointment or phone calls.
- Initiate and maintain active communication concerning all aspects of the program with assistant coaches, swimmers, parents and necessary Y staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
- *YMCA of USA Principles of Competitive Swimming & Diving
- *Current American Red Cross or YMCA of the USA Lifeguard Certification
- *CPR for the Professional Rescuer for Lifeguards
- *Administering Emergency Oxygen
- *First Aid
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training
- Mandated Reporter training
*Required for coaching deck pass for district and national swim meets
Competitive pay rate, part-time and full-time options available.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to: email@example.com